Friday, December 25, 2009

Should I quit buying gas because I don't like oil companies

Several people here insist that gas is some sort of product like coca cola or pretzels, that if you don't like it just don't buy it. They go on about how oil companies have the lowest mark-up. But when you *need* to buy their product to survive, who cares about these claims. It is such a high volume market that they can have low mark-up and still make fortunes. How short sighted can a person be to make these comparisons?Should I quit buying gas because I don't like oil companies
I love this reasoning too. We need it for nearly everything. People also say you can ride a bike or whatever else. I live 43 miles from work- one way and there is no public transportation in my area. Around here we must drive long distances to get anywhere. Sure I have consolidated grocery trips to every other week and if I forget something oh well. Should I quit buying gas because I don't like oil companies
';I live 43 miles from work- one way and there is no public transportation in my area.'; - Your choice. You could live closer to work.


';Around here we must drive long distances to get anywhere.'; - Because of the choice you made to live where you do. Report Abuse

No, you need to look harder as to why you do not like oil companies. I would bet your dislike is not warranted. You yourself speak of the high volume of sales, and the need. Need and global sales would make your widget company have large profits as well. Are you ad that these companies make fortunes even with small mark ups? Are we independent of what they are selling today? You should be thanking them that they do have such a low mark up, because profits are not illegal in a capital based society.
You don't *need* their product. You have made the choice to drive instead of to walk, ride a bicycle or take the bus. Even if you decide to drive, you can also decide to drive less. Consolidate trips etc. It's a choice.
Sadly, it is one of those things that you can't do anything about unless you have the political and diplomatic clout to change things.
just properly inflate your tires, and get regular tune ups. Obama says that will bring down gas prices....yea righthahahaha






Typical liberal response above..';you dont need thier product';...... guess you computer there at the Starbucks was made out of corn.
Go ahead and quit buying their gas. Won't make much of a dent in their billions in profit.
Yes and you should stop buying toilet paper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment